MORETON BAY REGION
Air Con Repairs & Decommissions
We specialise in the repair and removal of air conditioning systems in Moreton Bay Region
Fixing Your Air Conditioner
If your air conditioner is not working correctly, our staff can repair your air conditioner by checking and testing the unit, and making repairs where required.
What to look out for if your air conditioner isn’t working:
- Have you tried new batteries in the remote?
- Has the circuit tripped in the switchboard?
- Are the filters clean?
- Is air flowing around the condenser (ie. outdoor unit)? Do not keep items in front of the condenser fan.
- Is the isolator on outside?
- Is water dripping from your indoor unit? You may have a drain blockage, check blockages to air conditioner drain.
Moving Your Air Conditioner
If you require your air conditioner to be moved, we can temporarily decommission your air conditioner and recommission the system when required. This might be useful if you are renovating, adding a concrete path or just need the outdoor unit moved or relocated.
If you require an air conditioner to be moved, our staff can reposition the air conditioner by:
- Retrieving the gas from the indoor unit
- Moving the piping
- Reinstalling the system in the new position
- Regasing the unit
Does Your Air Conditioner Need Permanent Removal?
If you have an old air conditioner requiring replacement, we will permanently decommission the unit by:
- Recovering the refrigerant
- Disconnecting the electrical
- Disconnecting the piping and ducting
- Removing the indoor and outdoor unit
- Dismantling the unit into recyclable parts
Why Must Refrigerant Be Recovered?
Under the Ozone Protection and Synthetic Greenhouse Gas Management Regulations 1995 (Cth) it is a requirement to: recover, return and safely dispose of ozone depleting and synthetic greenhouse gas refrigerants.
We decommission air conditioners using The Australian Refrigeration Council Ltd (ARC) certified practices.
Always ask your refrigeration mechanic if they are disposing of your decommissioned air conditioner correctly.
Contact us to ensure your air conditioner is decommissioned complying to Australian Standards.